- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. chopped chives, basil, or any other herb you like
- coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Cut off tips of ears of corn; stand corn in a wide, shallow bowl. With a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels (you should have about 2 cups); discard cobs, or freeze, saving up until you have enough to make a rich corn stock for a soup this winter. Transfer kernels to a medium bowl. Addzucchini,lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.