Being a member of Sleepy Root Farm brings many benefits!
- Fresh Food: You get the freshest, organically grown produce delivered all season long! Your produce is fresher than any grocery store can provide, because we harvest, wash, pack and deliver in just days.
- Know your food: You get to know exactly who grows your food, where it’s grown, and how!
- Keep it local: You keep your money in a local economy! For every $100 you spend with a local business, $68 stays in the local economy. On the other hand, for every $100 you spend with a national chain, only $48 stays in the economy. *Source: Civic Economics – Andersonville Study of Retail Economics
- 2 weeks “Vacation”. Leave town without losing out on the produce you already paid for. We know that the growing season happens to coincide with vacation season for most people. Members can take a week off and have the value of that share credited towards next year’s membership, or receive a make-up box (a second box on a week of your choosing) at a later date. Take a second week off and get another make-up box at a later date. Members can also choose to pay it forward when they go out of town by donating their box to our community partners, Northwoods Homeless Shelter and Sabathani Community Center Food Shelf.
- Member Events: Access to the farm for member events like planting days, harvest parties and our annual Fall Member Potluck, complete with apple cider pressing!
- Come visit the farm!: Just give us a call to make sure we’re around, and you and your friends and family can enjoy a tour, your own picnic, or some peaceful time getting your hands in the soil. Our farm is your farm!
- Refer a friend discount: $10.00 off your share for referring a friend
- Host Discount: 2% discount off per share if you are a host site for box pick-up