courtesy of member Jaquelyn H.
Kale and Fresh Mint Salad
- 1 bunch kale, chopped very small, almost minced
- 1 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Spicy Peanut Dressing (or other nut butter)
- 3 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Toss the chopped kale, chopped mint and the walnuts together. If you haven’t made the dressing yet, do that next.
- Put the peanut butter, warm water, garlic, rice wine vinegar, pomegranate molasses, soy sauce, minced ginger, sesame oil and red chili flakes into a blender and whirl away at high speed until everything is smooth.
- Toss the dressing with the salad. Maybe not all at one time. Pour and toss about half of the dressing and then decide if it needs more.