- 20 baby carrots (about 1/2 pound), peeled but with 1-inch green top left on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- One 3-inch-by-1/2-inch-piece ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon thinly sliced red chili pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add carrots; cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain carrots; pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-low heat. Add the carrots, honey, and ginger, and cook, turning carrots frequently, until carrots and ginger are browned, about 8 minutes. Add the chili pepper, and continue to cook until chile is softened, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and serve.