- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 red jalapeno chile, seeded (optional) and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons water
- Coarse salt
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook jalapeno, garlic, and ginger for 1 minute.
Add bok choy and water, and steam, tightly covered, until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Uncover, and cook until any remaining liquid evaporates. Season with salt.
from Martha Stewart