from one of our favorites, Martha Stewart
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 head fennel, thinly sliced lengthwise, plus 1/3 cup fennel fronds
- 1 cup farro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 head radicchio, cored and coarsely chopped
In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and oil. Add raisins and sliced fennel; toss to coat.
In a medium saucepan, cover farro with 4 inches water and bring to a boil; season with salt. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
Add farro to bowl with mint, radicchio, and fennel fronds. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve.