- 1 large eggplant (1 1/4 pounds), halved lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 5 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush cut sides of eggplant with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place eggplant, cut side down, on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Reduce heat to 375 degrees. When cool enough to handle, scrape flesh from skin and roughly chop. Transfer eggplant to a medium bowl and add feta, 3 tablespoons pistachios, coriander, red-pepper flakes, and mint. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Lightly oil 6 standard muffin cups. Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a work surface and, with a pastry brush, lightly brush with oil. Stack 4 more phyllo sheets on top, brushing each with oil. Cut into 6 squares. Gently press one square into each muffin cup and fill with 1/4 cup eggplant mixture. Gently fold over corners of phyllo to enclose filling. Brush tops with oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pistachios. Bake until golden, 30 minutes. Let cool in pan, 5 minutes. Serve pies warm or at room temperature.