- 1 1/2 cups dried bow-tie pasta
- 2 fresh ears of corn or 1 cup whole kernel frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken-optional
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth (if using) or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Snipped fresh chives, basil, or any other herb you have on hand
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Add corn during the last 7 minutes of cooking pasta. Return to boil and continue cooking. When pasta is cooked and corn is crisp-tender, drain pasta and corn in a colander. (If using fresh ears, it may be easier to remove the ears with tongs, and then drain the pasta.) Rinse pasta and corn with cold water to stop cooking, and drain well again. If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cobs.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, corn, chicken (if using), and tomato.
- For dressing: In a screw-top jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, herbs, chicken broth (if using), salt and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Chill, covered, for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.