- 2 cups Bechamel Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere or fontina cheese or crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Let bechamel cool 10 minutes, then whisk in cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne. Cover cheese sauce and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, with extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until tender but not mushy, 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve cauliflower topped with cheese sauce.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- coarse salt
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is soft, 4 minutes. Add flour, season with salt, and cook, stirring, until mixture is pale golden with a nutty aroma, 4 minutes. Whisking constantly, add half the milk. Add the remaining milk and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, until sauce comes to a boil and thickens, 10 minutes. Use immediately.