1-1 1/2 pounds celeriac
4 plump, garlicky sausages
3 T. peanut oil
1 T. walnut oil
1 T. lemon juice
2 tsp. smooth dijon mustard
1 small bunch parsley
- Peel the celeriac and dip it into a bowl of cold water with a drop or two of lemon juice. (This helps prevent browning) Cut in half, and then into half-moons about 1/8 inch thick.
- Bring them to a boil in a pan of salted water, and cook about 6-8 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, fry or grill the sausages, then cut them into thinnish slices. If they crumble, all the better!
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the peanut and walnut oils, lemon juice, and mustard, with salt and pepper to taste. Chop the parsley and stir into the vinaigrette.
- Drain the celery root. Toss with the sausage and dressing.